The Lions did not crack the College Football Playoff despite winning the Big Ten title, 38-31, over Wisconsin on Saturday night. The final committee rankings slotted PSU at No. 5, ahead of Michigan at No. 6.
It’s not yet clear who PSU will face in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 2; that information will be released on ESPN around 2:30 p.m. EST.
“Obviously the Rose Bowl, and I hear people on TV talking about that they feel like — they feel like maybe the playoff has taken away from the bowls,” head coach James Franklin said on Saturday night. “Are you kidding me? The Rose Bowl? It doesn’t get a whole lot better than that.”
- New specialty classes available at Penn State Hershey fitness center
- College of Medicine literary journal seeks submissions
- Gene offers clues to new treatments for a harmful blood clotting disorder
- Hepatitis C treatment's side effects can now be studied in the lab
- 'Meat glue' issue involves wide misunderstanding, expert contends
- Having a cow can be a heart-healthy choice